Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Quick Update

I realize that you are waiting for the 6 month update - I'm still working on it. We go to the doctor for their official 6 month check tomorrow! I want to have new weights and heights for everyone to include with the latest pics for the post so please be patient with me and wait just one more day!

We walked Sunday in the March for Babies in Mystic, CT. We raised over $100. The weather was cloudy and overcast, but not too cold. Perfect walking weather. The walk itself was 3 miles. Lucas rode his scooter and Dave pushed the trio in their stroller. We talked to tons of people and even had our pic taken by the local paper. If you go to :http://thewesterlysun.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=504650 you can check it out. We are the second pic in the third row. ( the triple stroller gives us away)
the kids did great and really enjoyed being outside. They slept for part of the time and then woke up very happy. It was a very enjoyable day and we can't wait to raise more money next year and walk with the trio!

Vanessa's play was this weekend and it was awesome!! They always do a remarkable job and this year was no different. The did the musical "Beauty and the Beast." She had two different parts and I think that she was very good in both small roles. She is feeling a little sad now that it is over and for the first time since she got here she has no after school activity to keep her busy. That just reminds her that in a few short weeks she will be leaving us! I am going to be very sad to see her leave. She has been a huge help with the babies and I have enjoyed her company. It was tough for me last year when our other exchange student, Tim, left last June. However, I knew that Vanessa was shortly to arrive so it was not so bad. This year will be the last for quite some time. Dave and I need to focus on caring for the triplets and Lucas. I mean before I know it I'll have 3 toddlers and a teen!!!

Lucas has a small part in the 6Th grade drama club movie. He is busy studying lines and working on his acting. He is very excited for the movie to be ready some time in May. I know that he will be great - we don't call him a drama king for nothing - LOL !!!

Dave is busy at work. Can I tell you how much I love it when summer gets here and he has to wear his white uniform! I'll find a good pic and post it. There really is something about a great guy in a uniform. We are still waiting to hear if he gets his last shore duty here in Groton or what . He has 18 years in the Navy come June. We would love to get shore duty here to finish his career. We have been toying with the idea of moving closer to base over the summer. It would be a better deal financially with the price of gas and heating oil. We pay rent and utilities here and would only have rent in base housing. As an added bonus it would also be a bigger house - 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
Right now we are playing the waiting game and for those that know me, they know how much I organize and plan, this is killing me. Dave says we should really know by the very end of May beginning of June. I will post updates as they come to me.

OK, its getting late and we have a long day tomorrow. Be Well.

No comments: