We packed the kids up and headed out of the house for a trip to the mall after their "lunch". I needed to have some of my jewelry cleaned and checked out for its usual 6 month inspection. While we were there I found cute hats with chin straps for them to start wearing while we are out going for walks and stuff. We walked around and Dave pushed the triple decker stroller and had people stopping him every few minutes to admire the babies. The stroller looks like this--

so we always attract attention wherever we go !!
It always takes us longer to shop anywhere now because we always have to answer a few questions or comments from people - some nice, some not so nice. Why is it that everyone has to tell me "God bless you" or "better you than me"or "You have your hands full"? My two favorites - "Are they triplets? and "Two boys and a girl?" I always think " what tipped you off- the PINK car seat?!? Notice I said think not say. I politely say "Yes, they are triplets. Two boys and a girl. They are almost 6 months old. I understand that people don't see triplets very often and that everyone usually means well, but after a while it gets annoying. Do any other triplet moms feel this way? I hope that you don't take this the wrong way. My kids are the greatest blessings in the world and I love to show them off. Guess I just needed to vent a little.
Anyway, while we were at the mall we decided to do something that Dave and I had recently been talking about ---


As you can see from the pics - We got Jessica's ears pierced!! We had been talking about it a lot and I did some research and found out from other moms and my sister(Thanks K!) that this is the best time to get them done or we would be waiting until she was much older. The lady was awesome and did it very fast and Jess only really cried for a minute or two. It was really no worse than having her shots at the doctors. I think that I felt worse and cried longer than she did!!! LOL Dave picked out some very pretty pink opals- her birthstone. The best part is since she is so young - she has left them completely alone! I don't think that she even knows/remembers they are there! That was the main reason people said if I was going to do it anyway do it sooner rather than later. I hope she doesn't hate me in a few years, but if later in life she decides not to have them - no problem - the holes will close up by themselves. So I figure it is really not a big deal.
The other important thing I almost forgot to mention - Lucas cooked dinner and dessert! I recently purchased a kid cookbook and he found the reciepes and did all the work. I was very proud of him and we decided from now on every weekend he can cook a breakfast or lunch and dessert out of the book. My men are all going to learn how to cook!!!
Anyway, that was our Saturday. Be Well.








No comments:
Post a Comment