Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

It's Official --- we're Teething!! plus weekend updates

Jess and Logan have been very busily chewing on anyting and everything. They are drooling a ton and their gums are super hard. I can even see two white areas on Logan's gums. I think that he will have the first tooth of the trio! They have both been extra cuddlely and can I just say "Thank God" for those teething tablets! They work great and along with them I have been cooling washcloths and teething rings. Will has been doing alot of exploring with his mouth, but he doesn't seem to be bothered yet. It works out that the older kids have spring break this week and will be home to help me otherwise I don't think anything would get done. We have 6 month pics scheduled for Thurs. I hope it is during a happy time.
I started adding a "lunch" to the schedule at the late morning feeding. It did not really go well. They ate great, but then refused their bottles on Sat. so Sun. I dropped the amount they ate and again still no bottles until almost 1/2 hour afterwards. I fed them around 10:45 and they finally drank their bottles about 11:30 before nap. I think I may wait another week to try again or tomorrow just drop the amount they eat in the highchair and then offer the bottles. I am not sure quite how to proceed. With all the teething pain today I did not even offer "lunch" just bottles. Wonder how dinner wil go ?
Saturday was a fun day. There was a surprise party for Vanessa for her birthday. Her actual birthday is April 3rd, but the weekend before and after she had school trips. One to Canada and last weekend to Washington D.C. She was completely shocked and had a great time. The kids were all great and had a good nap afterwards!
Sunday I had a Partylite party. They sell candles and accessories. I had several friends whom I had not seen in a while come and spend the afternoon. The kids got up from nap and were very pleasant with everyone. We had a feeding and I did not have to feed anyone! Will was a little unsure - the loud noise and commotion were a bit for him, but he warmed up quickly. It was great to see my friends and hang out. It made me realize how much I miss seeing everyone. The party worked out well for me. I got to shop for almost $200 in free stuff. Yeah!!!
All in all it was a very nice weekend.

No comments: