First a few interesting numbers:
In the first six months the trio have had:
3,283 bottles (last month alone 1490 oz formula)
3,210 diaper changes
126 jars of baby food (that's only the last 2 months)
7 boxes of cereal (in 2 months also)
We have snapped several thousand snaps and several hundred zippers on outfits!
The kids have grown lots and are down from 8 bottles a day to only 4.
They eat a lunch and dinner and we got the go ahead to add breakfast.
WHEW !!! I almost don't believe those numbers myself. but since I am so crazy about writing everything down I got the numbers straight from my organizer !!
WILLIAM
Born - 4 lbs 10 oz 17 inches
6 Months- 13 lbs (1% on growth chart)
25 inches (10%-15% on growth chart)
Birth

6 Months

William is a great baby. He is very easy-going. He was the first to start rolling and loves it when daddy tickles his belly. He has a great laugh and a big smile whenever he sees us. He always has those big baby blue eyes wide open and taking in everything. He is enjoying eating, but gets the messiest. Does not want to hold his bottle, prefers to have a prop and usually puts one hand over his eyes to relax and drink. He is the only one that still gets up early(somewhere between 430-530), but we no longer give him a bottle and he usually goes back to sleep without waking Logan or Jess. He is wearing 3-6 month outfits just barely. We are very grateful that he is just as he is.
LOGAN
Born - 4 lbs 12oz 18 inches
6 Months - 13 lbs 9 oz (1% on growth chart)
26 inches (20% on growth chart)
Birth
6 Months

Logan is also a great baby. He has had the roughest start, especially considering he was the biggest. He was on the ventilator for a day when he was born and had breathing issues for the first three days or so. He is also struggling with pretty bad reflux. He would scream and cry so much at first, I felt awful for him. Now, he is on medication and while he still spits up lots, it no longer bothers him like it did. He is a pretty happy baby. He has a smile to warm your heart and baby blues eyes that just seem to be always trying to figure stuff out. His laugh is awesome and he is starting to "talk back" to me ! When I say "I love you", he sometimes says it back! I have it on video. I'll try to post it sometime. It is really too cute. He was next in the rolling over department and has figured out the back to belly roll too! He is the best eater and hardly ever makes a mess. He is teething and will probably be #1 or 2 in getting teeth. He is wearing 3-6 month outfits just barely also. He is just a joy.
JESSICA
Born - 3lbs 10 oz 17 inches
6 Month - 11lbs 6 oz (<1% on growth chart)
23 inches(<1% on growth chart)
Birth

6 Months
Jessica has two nicknames "small but mighty" and "diva" She is a total daddy's girl. She wants what she wants when she wants it! She also has a great big smile and always wakes up happy. Her baby blue eyes melt her daddy's heart. She is the talker and has really started to become very vocal. She was the last to figure out how to roll, but is probably going to be the first to have any teeth. The doc said hers are very close to poking through both on top and bottom. She is chewing on everything, but usually one of her thumbs is always in her mouth. She had the easiest time in the NICU. She was what they call a "grower and feeder". She came home a little under 4 lbs and has had a rough time packing on the pounds. She can still wear newborn outfits weight wise, but 3 month outfits length wise. It took her a little longer to get the idea of eating solids, she started about a 3 weeks after her brothers. She has caught up quick and loves to eat and talk. I am very happy to have little girl in the mix. She is such a pleasure when she wants to be!!
They are all starting to sit up by themselves (about 5 seconds) and we have added sippie cups to mealtimes. Before I know it they will be crawling all over the house!
It has been a very hectic, busy, crazy, awesome, amazing six months, but I can't wait to see what the next six have in store for us !!!!!








2 comments:
I have never been around three such happy well adjust babies in my whole life! I wish that my babies had been as easy as these three are. You have done such a beautiful job thus far. I wouldn't have expected less, but what a pleasure they are! I love them.
This is such a great update. I have been sharing this blog with some of my friends. They feel like they know the little ones. :)
I can't wait to see them (and the rest of the family) next month!!!
Post a Comment