Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2008

A Few Things




It has been a very eventful two days. We took the kids for their 6 month pictures! I am still in shock that I have triplets, never mind that they are 6 months old !! LOL Where did the time go? It seems like it was only yesterday we were traveling the hour away to New Haven everyday to visit them in the NICU!! They did really well at the photo shoot- I think that we have everyone smiling in a few poses. When I get them back in a few weeks I will post them here. I had my friend Cindy come with me to help hold a baby or two since Dave had to be at work. Thanks Cindy !! We fed everyone and headed back home for the long afternoon nap. It was great that we were able to stay on schedule. Sometimes I feel like the schedule is totally overtaking our life, but I don't want to mess with it. I know that there will be days when the schedule goes awry, but I am NOT ready for that yet.

The next big event of the day - Jess is really rolling and starting to put her legs and knees underneath her while she is on her tummy!!! She lifts her head and puts her arms down too, but not at the same time as her legs. She works either her head and arms or her legs, but then after a bit she gets completely frustrated and just gives up and rolls around crying. It was fun to watch her until she got upset - then we had to come to her rescue. The next best roller is Will, because Logan is actually quite happy on his side playing with toys. He will roll if we are playing with him, but otherwise very happy to stay put for now. Will loves to have his tummy tickled. He even sticks out his tummy for you to reach it better. Logan has been a much happier baby since we finally got a better dosage of reflux medicine for him. He is still spitting up lots and now it is even the solid foods. I am a little worried but we see the specialist the middle of May. I am waiting for the day when what he eats actually all stays down all day !! I hope it comes very very soon!

Today was another big event - we were officially discharged from the visiting nurse ! It feels weird to realize that she won't be coming back to weight the kids or answer any questions that I have. She has really been a great help and after 6 months of twice weekly visits, it just feels like a good friend is moving away. She had twins herself last year and brought over a bunch of clothes for the boys. I don't know what I am going to do without her.

I was finally able to obtain a temporary handicapped parking permit. I got all the paperwork signed by the pediatrician and Dave took it to the DMV. The permit is good until Oct. Now, before anyone yells at me - "you're not handicapped!" I know that- but when I take the triplets out by myself I have to leave the stroller unattended next to the car as I put each car seat in and out of the van. I HATE IT !!! I am always parking way out of the way for fear that someone will try to park too close to me while I am getting them in and out. I even had someone come too close for my comfort which is why I applied for the permit in the first place!! Now I can park in the handicapped spots and put the stroller in a much safer area to load/unload. I feel better about the whole thing and am going to be very conscious to only use it when necessary.

Oh, I almost forgot. Since the nurse was here to discharge us, I had her weigh everyone one last time. William is 12 lbs 9.5 oz
Logan is 13 lbs 3.5 oz
Jessica is 10lbs 13oz


Have a great weekend!

No comments: