

Monday was my day to play "catch up" from the extra busy weekend. In between feeding and playing with the triplets I must have done four loads of laundry, washed dishes and vacuumed most of the house. It was not much fun,but had to be done. I am really trying to stay on top of the housework and ahead of the laundry, but some days it gets to be too much to do and not enough time to get it all done. After dinner last night Dave went out for a Dad's night out. He played poker with a few guys that have twins in Groton. He had a great time and said that next month they may go bowling. I was very happy that he got to go out - I know that he works hard all day and then I make him work even harder here at home! Now if we can just find time to go out together. LOL!!
Today was the triplets last Synergis shot.YEAH!!(to protect against RSV) The nurse could not believe how big everyone is getting. We planned to go before morning nap and it worked out perfectly. They slept a little on the way down to Groton and then were very pleasant for us during the whole visit. They all did not really cry much at all when they got their shots and were quickly over it. We scheduled their 6 month appointments for April 30th. I just can not beleive how quickly these first months have flown by. It seems like only yesterday we were bringing them home from their NICU stay and now they are going to be 6 MONTHS OLD !!! I have started to realize that we are so busy that sometimes the days blur into one another and that I really need to take time everyday to realize how special this time with them is. I have been a bit behind and really need to take more pics and video of them now to remind ourselves later.
Anyway, back to our day. After shots and a few quick visits to people on base, we had another nap on the way home. We got them up at 10 to stay on schedule and SueAnn came for her weekly visit. Everyone is really doing well. We are practicing rolling over and trying to learn how to sit by ourselves. Jessica is realy close to holding her own bottle with only minimum help from a prop. Logan is also trying hard to hold his bottle, but Will is very happy that the prop does all the work! They worked really hard, had their bottles at 11 and everyone ate 7ozs. By the time noon came around they were very tired. I am letting them sleep now until 2:30 to help get the schedule synchronized into two shorter naps and one long one. They have really been doing great and Dave and I are enjoying our sleep. We just need to get them past this waking up at 4:30-5:00am bit. Somebody usually sleeps until 6:30-7:00, but they have all been waking at the early time lately. Luckily they go right back to sleep afterwards. I have tried to wean them off this bottle and we are now only offering 2 ozs instead of 4ozs. I really wish they would just sleep for those last two hours, but then I also thank God that they are sleeping as well as they are. I realize that some singletons don't sleep this well at 5 months let alone triplets who have to share a room!
Ok, the post turned into a longer one, but I hope you enjoyed it. I'll try to blog again tomorrow.








1 comment:
Love the pics with Shasta! :)
Post a Comment