Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Birthday Reflections

OK, so its my birthday today. I am now 36 years old. That just doesn't seem possible. What a wild year it has been! It was on my birthday last year that we offically found out I was pregnant. We didn't find out about the triplets until a few weeks later. After trying for so many years and all the fertility treatments - it was finally going to happen. We were going to have another baby! Dave and I were so excited. Lucas was too- he had been waiting to be a big brother a long time. I had all but given up hope. We had even started the paperwork to go thru an adoption. For those who know what a roller coaster ride fertility treatments and failures can bring - you can understand my hopeless feelings. I was really down to "one more try". When I found out I was pregnant I thought it was the best birthday gift in the world. I was WRONG! The best gift came on Oct 25th 2007 ! I would never have dreamed in a million years that I would be sitting here adding a post to a blog about our family life with TRIPLETS! It has been a year filled with surprise and worry. I spent the first few weeks not really believing that our dream of having another baby was going to come true. I kept waiting for something bad to happen. Then we found out at 10 weeks that it was triplets. I was in shock. I was really nervouse then. I kept waiting for the proverbial" other shoe to drop." I spent countless hours worrying about how we would handle things and praying that everything would turn out for the best. Then the morning sickness kicked in. I never had it with Lucas but the trio decided to gang up on me. I was very greatful when that stage passed. However, I was always bracing myself - after so long it just didn't seem possible that we would have not one healthy baby but Three !! But as I sit here- three healthy, happy babies are napping upstairs! Will, Logan and Jess are absolute miracles to me! The first few months have been going by in a blur. The lack of sleep was hard to handle. But now they are mostly slepping thru the night (7pm - 7am) and when they smile and laugh at you - it is the absolute best feeling in the whole wide world! I would not switch places with anyone. I now have 4 beautiful kids that mean the world to me and a great husband who was and is always supportive of whatever decisions I had to make. I LOVE YOU DAVE !!! Right now I feel like I am on top of thw world. I can't wait to see what this year will bring!

1 comment:

Momma-of-5 said...

Happy Birthday!
Very cool "year in review".
I know what you mean about it going by in a blur. But I have a sinking feeling it's only going to get faster. Buckle in babe...we're in for a CRAZY ride.