Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Big Doctor Visit !

OK, I am still working on a birthday party post. I am waiting on a few camera pics and I have a cute video of the cupcake eating - I just have to figure out where and how to get it up. It is too big for blogger. I will post a link once I have it up - Promise!

Today was the trio's 1 year well baby appointments. Here are the latest stats:

Will: height 28.5 inches (10%)
weight 18.2 pounds (below 5%)
head circumference 19 inches (90%)


Logan: height 29.5 inches (25-50%)
weight 19.1 pounds (below 5%)
head circumference 18.5 inches (50-75%)

Jess height 27.5 inches (5%)
weight 16.1 pounds (below 5%)
head circumference 18.25 (75%)

The appointments went well. We always have three back to back to back so that we can have everyone seen at the same time. We got the go ahead to drop formula and start whole milk! The doctor recommended that we drop bottles by 14 months, but they do so well with the straw sippies now that I figure we can just go cold turkey on the bottles. Besides I want them to get the idea that milk is in sippies not bottles. I am sure that the next few days may be tough, but I think that we can handle it. I am very excited about not having to make formula. I even boxed up the bottles and put them away so that I won't be tempted to revert. I just took count and I have 18 straw sippies in the house - LOL! That equals six cups per kid! I plan on keeping one set in the van, one for the diaper bag and the rest for the house with two sets in the frig all day - one with milk and one with watered down juice and then the last two sets as backups.

There were really no major concerns with Will or Jess. Logan has an abdominal hernia that will need to be watched for the next year. If it does not heal by the time he is 2 - he will need surgery to fix it. I hope it doesn't come to that, but we will cross that bridge when we get there! They are all hitting milestones on track for closer to their actual age than their adjusted age which is great news! We are supposed to start watching for more real words, walking, and a few other things by 18months. They all had to have a finger prick to check their hemoglobin counts and two vaccines. They were not happy, but the boys did not fuss for too long. Jess got really really mad though! I was able to pull out a snack and they all calmed down. They will get two more at their 15 month appointment instead of all 4 today. I felt better not having so much at one time.

Tomorrow we are having their 12 month photos done. Let's hope for a few smiles!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Sounds like overall everything went good. Hopefully the hernia will go away on Logan. Seth had one and needed surgery when he was about 4wks.
Well once again Happy Bday!
I'm sure your pictures will turn out great, can't wait to see them! :)