Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

1st Birthday Post



I still have not figured out where and how to post the 12 minutes of cupcake eating, but I promise to have it up soon! I wanted to post the pics I have and just jot down a few random things about the party. Isn't that sign cool? Their great-aunt drew it and sent it up for the party. I have it hanging in the dining room now because I love it!

We decided after Uncle Larry brought the trio some great outfits from Hawaii to do a luau for the party. I think that it turned out great. We had about 30 people come and celebrate with us. It was great to enjoy this special day surrounded by family and friends. Dave went to get Grandma the week before and my sister, niece and cousin drove up from PA. My dad also made the trip up from PA. (thanks guys!) We had the party after the long afternoon nap and it was lots of fun, but very chaotic! Present time was the most chaotic part and I really only saw a few things during the party. It was at home the next day that I went thru everything. They got some great outfits that I can't wait for them to wear. They even scored in the toy department and brought home several new toys they love to play with. Dave and I were a bit overwhelmed and I felt bad that I never really talked to many people or introduced everyone, but I think that everyone had a good time. Thank you to everyone and I can't say it enough! Dave and I even each got a gift - a certificate for a massage! Thanks Carol and Marc! We will be calling those in very soon. I can only imagine how much harder this will get as they get older. LOL

Anyway, I will stop talking and get to the rest of the photos since that is what everyone wants to see. Enjoy!

I had a hard time choosing a cake, but thought this one was a good choice!


I bought them each a teddy bear cupcake in their assigned color : Will - green, Logan - blue and Jess - pink. I had the crowns and tiara, but they never really kept them on for any pics.


This is a great before cake pic and the start of the eating. We sang "happy birthday" and Will got scared, but calmed down quick.



Logan got right into the cake once he figured out it was food. Will was a little hesistant, but soon was eating and disecting his cake like a champ. Jess was the least excited and seemed to not want to dirty her hands. She was happy to have Aunt Jen feed her her cupcake for several minutes - little diva!




1 comment:

Nicole O'Dell said...

What a blast!

Happy birthday again! :)