Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Update- the Great Nap Experiment

OK, it is a late night post. I was running around getting stuff for the party on Sunday. We have a had a lot going on this weekend.

I have been having some issues with the nap schedule- Jess has been skipping the morning nap a few times and they are talking longer to go to sleep after lunch. So after taking with some of my triplet mom friends we decided to try a nap time experiment and for 5 days skip the am nap and put them down early for the long afternoon nap. Saturday went very well - the kids stayed up and played, we went to the store, fed them lunch and bottles and had them upstairs by 1215. The did not fall asleep until almost 1245, but they had a great nap and got up very happy around 330. I was hopeful. Sunday did not go as good. They stayed up, but were definitely more cranky and even though they were in bed by 1230 they again took 30 minutes to fall asleep. Then they had a meltdown after dinner. They went to bed with no problems and I was still hopeful.

Today was a total disaster! I had everybody fall asleep for a 30 minutes power nap at some point late morning. Will snuggled with me and fell asleep around 1015 until 1045. He got up unhappy, but calmed down meanwhile Jess and Logan were starting to get fussy. I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned this is what I saw --



Jess was completely exhausted! She woke up- sat up and then right back down for about 20 minutes from 1100-1130. My mom came in to help me and while she was holding Logan --



He totally crashed snuggling with her! Tonight was another meltdown after dinner so I think that the experiment has failed for now. I don't think that they are quite ready for only one nap. I will try again in a few weeks. Tomorrow I am going to try a new schedule which will give them a 30 minutes power nap from 930-1000 and then long afternoon nap time back to 100. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: