Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

What a Difference A Year Makes!

I want to try to post everyday this week leading up to the big birthday bash on Sunday.

Today is a remember when post. This first pic is the bottles the came home drinking -(they only hold 2 ounces) intermixed with the bottles they use now - (they hold 8 ounces).

I can look back and remember than when they came home they were only drinking about 1ounce to 1 1/2 ounces every three hours round the clock! It used to take them 20 minutes or more to eat! It was a very exhausting schedule and I am glad it only lasted about two months. Sleep deprivation is NOT a good thing!
Now, we have a morning, lunch and bedtime bottle of 7 ounces each! They usually finish their bottles without too much trouble in about 10 minutes.


This pic just shows the preemie diapers they came home in and wore for several weeks and the size 3 they wear now.



This is a pic of all the bands we wore and their bassinet signs while at L & M. I have them in birth order : Will, Logan and Jess. Under their sign is the band they wore on their leg. They look soo tiny! They wore them for their whole hospital stay and I admit a day or two at home until we felt confident to tell Will and Logan apart - LOL! They were not tight even then and were able to slip off! Underneath the babies band are the bands Dave and I wore. We also kept them on until we had everyone home safe and sound from the NICU!

The last pic is just to show you a preemie outfit that was too big on them when they came home and the size of a sleeper they wear to bed now. WOW !

1 comment:

MDtripmom said...

Your children are adorable. Happy birthday babies!!! I also noticed the Book of Mormon on your "bookshelf," Good choice!