Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

I am Home!

Hi! I had a really great time on my little mini-vacation last week. It was a lot of fun to see everyone and the triplets did very well with the upheaval. The car ride down was thankfully uneventful and they slept most of the way. We got to Grandma's about 1/2 hour before dinner. The kids were very wary of Mom and wanted nothing to do with her while I unpacked! I fell and injured my foot so it was uncomfortable to walk on, but got everything done. My aunt came over after dinner to help me setup the bedroom with the 3 pack and plays. It took longer than I thought and the trio started to meltdown around 7:45. I had them changed, fed in and bed asleep by 8:15!
We got up to see my cousin new house and play with her kids. she has two daughters. One is 3 and the other little one just turned 1, so the kids had a great time. My dad also stopped by and played with the kids. I was also able to visit with my Grandma and a couple Aunts. It was really great to see everyone since we had not seen them since Christmas and they just were amazed at how well the triplets are doing.

I had plans to take many pics, but I was so busy with the triplets by myself that did not happen. I also found out that we need more portable feeding chairs. The big booster seats were a huge pain in the you know where!@! The kids were exceptionally clingy and took awhile to warm up. They were just really getting into it the day I left to come home! I did keep them on their regular schedule and that really helped out! I also decided that for Xmas we will need to get a hotel- no way the whole crew plus my sister's family all going to fit at my mom's.

I decided to try to drive home at bedtime Thursday night. It went great and I was on track to be home at 11:30, when I hit a huge area of bumper to bumper traffic! It was awful. I had two of the babies wake up and cry for a bit and did not get home until 12:30. Luckily once they were in the cribs, everyone went very quickly back to sleep. Not sure what we are going to do for Xmas - leave at nap or night, but both worked pretty well.

In addition, I lost the cover for the runabout while driving the highway! I was so mad at myself, but all in all it was a very fun trip and great practice for the Xmas trip home! It is nice to know that if I decide to travel by myself - I CAN DO IT!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Yay, way to go traveling by yourself that awesome & BIG PROPS! Sounds like you all had a great time.

BTW~I heard a long time ago that some people used a motorcycle cover for their RA. I don't personally have a RA but it may be something to look into and possibly cheaper!

Meluch+3 said...

You are so brave! I do a lot of things with my guys, but I'm not sure I'd do a road trip alone! Wow!!!

Mel