Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

11 Down - 1 To Go -


Months that is! We only have one more month until the BIG 1st Birthday! How is that even possible? I am having very mixed emotions about this last month of full babyhood. While I love watching them grow and develop, I am missing just holding and snuggling with my tiny preemie babies that they were. I guess since I know these are my last babies- I just want to take it all in and enjoy it while it lasts! OK, enough sappy stuff- onto the update!

Things have been progressing at a rapid pace. We have tweaked the schedule in the last few weeks. My day now goes something like this:

6:30-7:00 Everybody up. Dad changes diapers and gets bottles
7:00 Bottle #1 - 6 oz cold from frig. (hopefully having cold formula will help the transition to cold milk next month!)
7:15- 7:45 Playtime by themselves - I love to hear them argue and laugh with each other while I am making their breakfast!
7:45 Breakfast - all finger foods with the occasional oatmeal or yogurt
8:15- 9;00 Playtime with Mom
9:00-10:00 Nap #1- I keep this an hour to protect the afternoon nap, but usually at least 1-2 are up right around 10 and I get the sleepyhead up to stay on schedule.
10:00-12:00 This is when we go to playgroups, go shopping, stay home and play with Mom, have any appointments etc. I sometimes add snack in here, but not everyday.
12:00 Lunch - all finger foods and sippies of watered juice
12;45 Bottle #2 6 oz cold and diaper change
1:00- 3:30/4:00 Nap #2 - Since I work hard to protect this, I usually get them to take an awesome afternoon nap. I get each one up as they wake up as long as it has been at least 2 hours. However, no one sleeps past 4 to protect the early bedtime.
3;30/4:00- 5:00 Diaper change, small snack depending on wake up time, and playtime
5:15 Dinner - all finger foods and sippies of watered juice
6:15 Bath every 2-3 days or more often as needed
6:45/7:00 Pj's on, climb stairs, and Bottle #3 - 8 oz cold and brush teeth
7:00/7:15 Bedtime


It has been working really well and I think the kids benefit greatly from knowing what to expect when. We do fall off schedule occasionally (especially weekends) and they seem to bounce right back. It makes my days go by very quickly and by the end of the night I am tired, but it is a good tired! LOL!


Individually they have a lot going on:


Will is now roughly 17 pounds and almost 29 inches tall. He still has the most teeth- 7 of them. He is still our snugglebug and really enjoys just having someone hold him. He likes to play by himself and gets frustrated when Logan or Jess take whatever he is playing with. He loves to look at books and enjoys hearing people sing. He had recently started to bite me while he snuggles. He even bit Dave right on a very sensitive chest area if you know what I mean! Whenever, he does happen to bite, he immediately gets told "no biting- teeth are for chewing food" and gets put down. He hates it and cries even more, but it seems to be working - no bites in over a week! He is pulling to stand and cruising like a champ. Probably won't be the first to walk, but who knows? He is also starting to find his voice a little and is trying out a few different sounds. He is the most passive of the three and often gets the short end of the stick during playtime. He has figured out the pop up toy and loves to practice with it. I love watching him try to figure stuff out- he gets the best facial expression!



Logan is now roughly 18 pounds and 30 inches tall. He is finally getting some hair and teeth! He has the one top tooth and I can see two more starting to break thru. Nothing on the bottom yet. We call him the bear because he seems to growl a lot and just is very rough and tumble during playtime. He is also just starting to find his voice. He is very adventurous and has learned how to climb the living room furniture. He loves to talk while he eats and I think that for most meals he is our best eater. He also loves books and singing. He likes to be next to someone and always tries to get what they have! Will usually gives in, but Jess and him can really get into it! Logan is also pulling to stand and cruising very well. He is even starting to try to let go and stand on his own with a step! He has been off his reflux meds now for a month and I don't think we will need to go back on them. He is still a bit behind with his pincer grasp and occasionally still seems a bit shaky, but otherwise doing great.




Jessica is now roughly 16 pounds and 27 1/2 inches tall. She may be the smallest, but she keeps her brothers in line! She has 3 teeth and at least two more also on top starting to break thru. She is our talker - Dada, got that and OK have all been heard on a regular basis lately. Don't know what happened to mama, but she has not been saying it too much lately. She and Logan are fighting for alpha triplet and they really go at it! She is also very adventurous and is starting to climb the furniture just like Logan. The two of them are most often very close to one another. After waiting longest to get the crawling thing down, she is the closest to walking. She has been practicing her standing by herself and has even taken a couple very tentative steps between Dave and I! I will post a video soon I hope- maybe this weekend with the stair climbing one. I think she might be first to fully walk, but again who knows. She can cruise everywhere and is getting pretty fast at it. Yesterday she gave herself a fat bloody lip while trying to stand up in the garden toy. She was miserable for quite a bit, but got over it when it was lunch time. She has become the champion bottle drinker and usually finishes 1st.

They are all so aware and observant not much gets past them! They are starting to "talk, argue and laugh" with one another and it is the cutest thing ever! They all understand several baby signs and are working on actually doing them back to us. Whenever the gate gets open to the dining room- they come crawling at great speed to eat! They all have their silkie blankets to sleep and won't sleep without them. We are bathing together once a week to get them used to it, but otherwise they still love the duck! It is a really neat time as we can watch them learn new stuff on a daily basis. We are so blessed!

OK, for those who read til the end - I will close with a few new pics just to show you what we are up against! YIKES!





2 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Wow! that's quite a schedule! Good for you!!!

Great pics, TFS!

Maggie said...

Looks like their all doing great. This last month will fly by before you know it, it IS very bittersweet isnt it? *sniff*