Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Highlights

OK, it was another busy weekend here. We took the trio to the store food shopping and then over to the mall play place to crawl around. Jess and Logan really enjoyed it, but poor Will was a nervous wreck! He would not let me go and every time I put him down he screamed. I ended up holding him and he seemed better. Out of the three he has the most separation anxiety and he HATES crowds and loud noises. We had to pull him out of the stroller both at the store and at a little fair later Sat afternoon.

Sunday late morning found us at a friends pool. Jess had a blast in the infant float just hanging out and did not want to leave! The boys were more unsure - but Logan eventually tried the float out and seemed to have a little fun. Will was again attached to me and I got him in for a little while, but then he got soo comfortable in my arms - he was almost asleep! We ate lunch and crawled all over the deck. The trio slept great - 3 hour nap!

We have had some milestones this week to - we have dropped the 3rd nap! I was a little sad to see it go, but the kids seem to be doing fine and we can now go out in the afternoons and not worry about getting home for that 30-40 min nap. Jess actually dropped it a week before the boys did - I forgot to mention it last week. YEAH!!! Along with the dropped nap, we have started to make sure that by 7:15 they are all in bed. We had gotten a little lax and they were sometimes up til 7:45 especially on bath nights, but with no late nap they are usually ready to drop by 6:45! So the schedule is now 6:15 bath - 6:45 bottle 7:00 bed.

Jess is now crawling even faster commando style and has really gotten good at going from crawling to sitting and back. Yesterday she even pulled herself up at the gate! She has tried it a few times today and did well- the only problem is getting back down! I guess she needs to watch the boys a little more! LOL

Will had an unfortunate milestone last night - the 1st boo-boo. While Dave and I were upstairs giving Jess her bath - the boys were playing in the living room. I sent Lucas down to keep them company and he came running upstairs with Will yelling " We have a problem- Will is bleeding!" I was up from the bath as fast as could be and Lucas got him right to us. He must have either fallen on a toy or slipped while trying to get somewhere - he had a little bit of blood on his lip and it was swollen other that that he was fine! Lucas was more upset than Will I think. I just held Will for a few minutes and then he was perfectly fine again and wanted to have his bottle before bed.

Today the OT specialist came and evaluated the trio. She says they all seem right on target for almost 10 months!! That is great news since their adjusted age is only 8 1/2 months! She was very happy to see the boys crawling, pull to stand and even do a little cruising of the furniture during her hour. Jess also showed off her crawling and sitting skills and not to be outdone pulled herself up too!! It was a great morning.

1 comment:

Momma said...

Hey Kris - Thanks for the comment! I added your blog to my favorites list ... a New England playdate sounds good to me! Your blog looks great - your older son is so handsome and your triplets are adorable! Amy