Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

No More Prevacid for Logan!!, New Toys

Yes, we are very happy to report that all went well at his GI appointment yesterday. We were given the go ahead to try a 2 week trial without the medication! The doctor said that he felt fairly confident that Logan would no longer need the medicine, but if we see an increase in Logan's discomfort during the trial then put him back on the medication and see him in 3 months. We have an appointment scheduled, but hopefully we won't have to go!

The day went fairly well considering that the whole morning schedule got rearranged for us to drive to New Haven for Logan's appointment. Of course tons of people stared and/or stopped us and asked questions.(still adjusting to that!) We were able to stay pretty much on time and got home for a little playtime and then lunch. The trio even all took great long afternoon naps.

The evening was a different story. Dave always works late on Thursdays and yesterday was no exception. Usually it is not a problem, but last night we had major meltdowns after dinner and I was unable to really comfort any of them. I would hold one, then the next one cried and so on. At one point I had all three screaming and climbing all over me! It is soo hard when they are like that. I wish that I had an extra set of hands, (or two!) Lucas was trying to help but all anyone wanted was me! It makes me so upset when I can't comfort them - I hate it! Dave got home at the tail end while I was changing everyone into their pj's and having bedtime bottles - Thank God!

In totally unrelated news- my good friend Darcy had her baby girl yesterday!! I am so happy for them and I can't wait to go over later today to meet Mackenzie!

In other news, our good friends Carol and Marc came over the other day and brought some cool new toys for the trio! I had been looking for a Little Tikes small slide and almost had one, but lost it to someone else. So I was extra excited to learn that they had one for us! We practiced a little on it and Jess and Will loved it - again Logan was not too sure. I have put it in the front area to bring out when we need a diversion as they are a little to small for it yet, but love to slide with help. They also brought over this cool garden toy also from Little Tikes. It has a little door and tunnel and all sorts of stuff to play around with. The kids love it - we can't keep them away!!! This was how I found Jess this morning -



OK, I need to go feed them breakfast - waffles and bananas, but thought I would close with this cute pic. Have a safe happy holiday weekend!

No comments: