Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Nice Week

This week has been flying by - it doesn't seem like Thursday already! Tuesday was playgroup and the trio did better this week! Will was still a major snuggle bug and even took a 15 minute catnap, but all in all they played more and I enjoyed the time out of the house!

School officially starts next week for Lucas. I can't believe that he will be in
7th grade! He had to go back to the doctors office - Dave forgot to get the blood work done during his physical. Everything came back fine. I handed the paperwork in up here at Griswold, since it looks like we will be here a few more weeks! I hate that he has to start at one school and switch, but we really don't have a choice. I took him during the week to get all the school supplies and a haircut. He is as ready as I can make him! LOL

Dave still is getting the run around about his orders and moving and I have given up worrying about it. It will happen when it happens. It is causing major stress between us and I have no control over the issue so I need to let it go and let him handle the orders and the move. I will be in charge of taking care of the trio probably at a friends house, while he gathers some troops and rents a truck to move whenever we get the final go ahead.

The babies are all doing new stuff everyday. Jess is pulling up on furniture, but still has to have help sometimes getting into position and back down. Will is extra snuggly - maybe more teeth are on their way or something. Will and Logan are actively cruising around the living room holding onto anything and everything to get from point A to point B. It is so cute to watch them interact with each other. Dave had Logan laughing last night and Will was just staring at him and laughing too!

The big news is we are attempting to switch to table foods for the majority of the meals. Breakfast was oatmeal and then banana and pear dices. Jess ate the best and really only wanted the fruit from her tray! The boys at least tried to pick up some stuff so I was happy. Last night was hamburger crumbles, green beans and pasta. To my surprise - they all tried to eat it! Logan got frustrated early because his grasp is not the best, but boy did he try hard! I am now excited to see that they are starting to get the nack of it! I am tired of the baby food and I think they are too!

OK, I have to go and get laundry done during nap. Hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spoke w/ your husband today...he knew my husband Bobby Velat on the San Juan...and he directed me to your blog. He couldn't stop talking about the kids and I must say I am jealous, they are a beautiful bunch :o) You have a wonderful family.