Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blog for a Cure Blog Party!!

I thought this was a great cause so I joined in on the fun!!




Welcome to Blog For A Cure, a blog party that will connect new bloggers from all walks of life, while offering up some great prizes, and most importantly, raising money to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Before I explain how it all works, I want to tell you what this is all about. I will keep it brief because there is a lot to go over, but I think if you know the reason that I have spent the last few weeks glued to my computer, looking for prize sponsors and personally inviting people, one by one, to participate in this event.

A beloved family member of mine was recently diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She is a young, healthy mom with a beautiful daughter, and her life, as well as her entire family's life, has been completely turned upside down by this aggressive and devastating disease. I can't imagine what it must feel like to fight for your life, can you?

There is nothing I can do to directly help her situation, but what I can do is use my time and energy to help raise money to fund the lifesaving research that has caused the survival rates to continually rise in the last few decades. I am a stay at home mom of 22 month old triplets, and I don't exactly have a lot of resources, so I have chosen to participate in Team In Training, a program in which I will raise money, while training for my FIRST marathon. I am calling on all of you, to help me raise the money that I need (a minimum of 2,400.00).

I know times are tough. Believe me, I know. That's why the minumum donation to participate is only $1.00! If you are able to donate more, please do so, and accept my extremely heartfelt gratitude.

And what will you get in return for this dollar, you ask?

1- The opportunity to gain new followers for your blog.

2- The chance to win one of MANY prizes that will be given away to randomly drawn participants.

3- The chance to prove that you CAN and DO make a difference.


OK- on to the Party! Here's how it works: First,

A ONE dollar donation will earn you one entry into every single prize giveaway, but you MUST leave a comment on the post of each item that you want to win. If you would like extra entries for particular items, each dollar donated will equal an extra entry. To use an extra entry, leave separate comments for each one. I'll double check each participants donations to make sure they get all the entries they have earned.

■If you wish to gain new followers for your blog, simply sign in to the Mr. Linky below. Please do not sign in unless you have donated to the fundraiser. I really don't want to delete anybody, but this is after all a, charity event.

■Visit the other blogs that are signed in, and click "follow" when you get there!
■Keep checking back to this post all week long to make new blog friends and get new followers.
■When you get a new follower, follow them back! SIMPLE!

■Write a post about the Blog For A Cure Blog Party for your own blog. Feel free to copy and paste any of the text in this blog and place it on your own. The more people we have participating, the more fun this will be!

■Tweet, FB, Blog- do whatever you can to help get the word out!

■On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday, I will start posting new giveaways every few hours beginning at 7 am. In each one, I'll have the link to this post so you can easily find the "Follow Me" Linky.

■Each giveaway will have it's own post. Feel free to enter every single one, or just the ones that tickle your fancy!
■The contests will be open to new entries ALL WEEK, until 12 pm Saturday, Oct 3. The winners will be announced on Monday, at 7 AM.

2 comments:

Raising Z and Lil C said...

I found you on Blog For A Cure :) I am following you now. Your family is beautiful!

Sharon said...

I saw your link at Lani's site and came over to follow you! Your kids are a hoot! I have one who is 18 months -- don't know how you do it!