Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Kayla! and Some Random Notes

First and most important - Happy 4Th birthday to my wonderful niece Kayla!! I really hope that our gift gets there in time for the party. I spoke with my sister and Kayla is having a birthday weekend with 2 parties! What a lucky kid! I really wish we lived closer or could have gotten down there, but that was just not in the cards with our crazy schedule around here. Anyway, Kayla we love you and hope you have a great birthday and awesome weekend!

Jess is still having some respiratory issues, so I took her back to the doc yesterday. The doc was pleased that she has actually gained wait according to their scale! She was in the -1% for weight at about 20 months and as of yesterday she is at the 0% for weight! Not much of a gain, but hey we will take it! Go Jess! The doctor gave her a five day course of antibiotics to clear up any infection that is still lingering.

I spoke with doctor about flu shots and the H1N1 flu. We decided that Dave and I along with the kids will all be getting the regular flu shot sometime next week. We will also be going into a partial lock down for the winter to minimize our chances of the triplets getting sick. We will not be as strict as last year with the RSV lock down, but I don't feel comfortable about the H1N1 vaccine yet and need to do more research before we decide if they will get it or not. The doctor seemed to think that the regular flu shot would be sufficient.

We have several fun activities planned for the weekend. A trip to a local fair and a bonfire harvest party are planned for tomorrow. Then apple and pumpkin picking on Sunday. Don't worry I plan on having lots of photos to post for the Monday update! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Raising Z and Lil C said...

I am so stressed over the H1N1 vaccine. I am pregnant (due in 3 weeks) and they really want me to get it next week. They said there is a high for pregnant women and then I will be caring for a newborn. They also want my preschooler to get it (and my husband). It freaks me out! I have to do more research....my dad wants me to pull my son out of preschool until the worst is over with but we could be exposed anywhere....so scary!