Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lucas - the best big brother ever!


I realized today that the most recent posts have all been about the huge milestones that the triplets are currently working on, so I thought it was due time for a big brother update. This pic was taken in 2001 when Dave convinced me to let him buy a motorcycle for driving back and forth to work when we lived in Hawaii. While I love the lower fuel bill, I worry about him more when he is out on it. Anyway, Lucas has been just waiting to be able to ride with dad - this weekend he finally got his wish!




Dave and Lucas went for a quick trip to get some dessert after dinner. Dave said that Lucas had a great time and was holding on very tight!



In other Lucas news, he will be finishing up some extra classes in math this week. He has been doing very well and has all A's for the last three weeks. I know that when he puts effort into school he can get excellant grades and this extra class proved it to me and hopefully to him as well. I think that this upcoming school year will see a change in his attitude and effort. He is a little nervous about our move to Groton, but is also excited.
Lucas will be going to 4 H camp the first week of August. He usually goes the first week of July but needed to take the extra math class. He was very upset about missing "his week" and I think that will help with school too! He looks forward each year to going. We drop him off on Sunday afternoon and then pick him up Friday evening.

I love the way that the trio all get soo excited when they see Lucas! Their eyes light up and they start smiling and cooing for him to play. It is amazing to me to see this- I had always wanted Lucas to be a big brother and had almost given up hope of it ever happening. It is truly a miracle to be triple blessed! I feel like our family is now complete and we just need to enjoy the crazy ride!

2 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

LOL I didn't even realize the Logan William name thing. DH is William and we just love the name Logan. :)

Anonymous said...

You are doing great job in summer school Lucas! Glad that you enjoyed your motorcycle ride! :)