I took the trio for their official 9 month appointment today. Unfortunately, the doctor who regularly sees them was deployed to Italy and we had to see someone new. While, the new doc was good, I really miss their old one. I was glad that this was just a well- baby visit. The best part- NO SHOTS!! I am very happy to report that everything is going great and they are all doing well. Here are the latest stats:
Will Length - 27.5 inches (10-25%)
Weight - 15 lbs 8 oz (<5%)
Head circ - 18 inches (50%)
Logan Length - 28 inches (25-50%)
Weight - 16 lbs 6 oz (<5%)
Head circ - 17 & 3/4 inches (25-50%)
Jess Length - 26.25 inches (5-10%)
Weight - 14 lbs 6 oz (<5%)
Head circ - 17.5 inches (50%)
So you can see that everyone is small weight wise but they must all have giant brains! LOL We are still supposed to be getting about 24 oz of formula a day, but it is time to start the transition to "real food". The doc want three meals two snacks and several bottles a day. This is going to be fun.
While we have been eating cheerios and puffs for a while,it is now time to really get into it and offer more table foods. I have been trying to no avail. (diced carrots, green beans, banana even mashed potatoes have all been rejected to this point) I am hoping the specialist can offer more advise since the doc was not all that helpful. I also think that they may be a little more ready to experiment, but I'll keep you posted! While I am excited to move on - I know that these next few months will be the messiest. At least, I will have some great pics!
I did take the trio for their 9 month pics and it went awful. I don't think they smiled in even one shot! I get to see the pics this week and then when I get them in a few weeks I'll post them. I really hope that their 1st b-day pics go way better!
We attended a few events over the weekend and I realized that by staying home to keep strict to our schedule, I have made an error: they are very very attached to me. Now, I know this may not seem bad but when all three are all over me and don't want to get down to play with the other babies I know I have a problem. They took forever to warm up at a 1 st b-day party we attended. Logan was the most adventurous and even crawled out of my sight for a few minutes, but then came right back. Will and Jess never went very far at all. It was fun to watch them play. The ball pit was big fun! Everyone commented on how they all play separately, but close to each other! They are a very close knit trio! I am going to really start getting out of the house more. It will help them and me at the same time. There is a playgroup we were invited to on Tuesdays, so if I can switch birth to three we can go have fun with other kids close to their age.
OK, I better go get the diva - her beauty sleep must be over as she is wanting me to get her.
Quilts for college
3 weeks ago








No comments:
Post a Comment