It has been a great weekend here. Friday night was my Mom Night In. Two great ladies from the local triplet club in nearby Rhode Island that I joined came over and brought dinner! They got here just as we were getting the trio to bed so they got to spend a few minutes with them and then we ate dinner, It was a really great time. The ladies have triplets who are just a little a head of mine so it was nice to hear how they manage day to day and I learned a few new tricks. (thanks ladies!)
Saturday was another first for the trio. It was their first trip to a zoo! The zoo in Rhode Island was having a military appreciation day so we packed up the whole gang after breakfast and headed out. The weather was absolutely beautiful, not too hot nor too cold. The zoo is pretty big and had lots to see. They are working on a few expansion projects so I think in August we may go back to see the new additions! Not sure how much they were able to really see, but the kids did really enjoy being outside and I know that they at least saw the giraffes, elephants and camels. Dave was of course enjoying the attention that we were getting by people as they walked by and saw the triple decker. He pushed the stroller almost the whole time! I am still really not used to the extra attention. It makes me uncomfortable, but Dave and Lucas are enjoying it for now. I was more nervous about people getting too close to the kids, but luckily no one tried to touch them or get right in their face. Will hates it when that happens! He almost always starts to cry. Anyway, it was a great time and after a quick stop for lunch - there was more to see. I think it took us about 3 hours to walk the whole park and see everything. It was just starting to get hot as we were leaving. On the way home we stopped by the Warwick Babies R Us. We will be needing very soon : 2-3 new cribs and mattresses, 3 new portable booster seats for on the go eating, and the biggest concern - 3 new car seats and a new stroller!! I am currently trying to figure out the best place to purchase and doing alot of reasearch on all the differnt types of cribs and car seats. It is really mind boggling! We are buying a used RA (runabout stroller for you non triplet families) in Sept from a local triplet mom. I am very excited about it and am already pricing accessories for it - sun shade, seat and headrest covers etc. We will be adding a hitch to the van and buying a cover for traveling. The car seats are the biggest pain. The van has a small third row so only two seats will fit, even with the narrow Radians, but I think that those may be our best choice. They go up to 80lbs, but are about $250 a piece! I am also pricing Britax Marathons but they are also very expensive. I would really like convertable car seats since I really don't want to spend the extra $ later for boosters if I don't have to. I figure a small investment now will work out better in the long run. Right? Any ideas from you other triplet moms or anybody else for that matter? I could really use some opinions!








No comments:
Post a Comment