
Dave receiving his second Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal!!!
Today was a great day. The triplets and I actually got out of the house. We got to see Dave receive an award at work. I have not stopped by the office in quite some time and the ladies were ready to hold babies when I got there. It is so cool that his command lets the triplets make an appearance. (thanks everyone!) I can't believe that he has been at this command a year already. We are still waiting to hear what his final shore duty will be, he would love to stay right where he is! Anyway, after a short little ceremony at 1100, Dave was also given the rest of the day off! We fed the triplets at the office and then went out to lunch ourselves. The kids were great and well behaved and even fell asleep for most of the time we were out. (thank you scheduled nap times!!)
It is so great that Dave was recognized for this award. He has really enjoyed working at the Legal Office and comes home from work in a good mood. There were times on submarine commands that he would come home and just be miserable. I like the happier Dave! I am so proud of him. We have had a very stressful year. I was not exactly the worlds greatest pregnant woman and he was so great to me through out everything! I really don't think I would have been able to handle it on my own. He was my rock whenever I got too emotional or hormonal. As a matter of fact - he still is !! He always come home and asks what he can do to help me and give me a break. I feel awful about that because I know that he too needs a little break after work, but I am usually worn out by then and need the help. I love that we have the trio in bed by 7:15, that really gives us time to reconnect and hang out.








1 comment:
Congratulations on the award and on the lunch out! Both HUGE accomplishments! lol
Post a Comment