We had a great time with cousin Michele last week and I have lots to blog about, but nothing that really is long enough for its own post, so here is the latest from the Dudley house!
1. School's out and we have an new 8th grader in the house! Lucas finished school last Thursday and came home with his best report card in a long time 2 A+'s, 2 B+'s and 2 B's!!!! We are super proud and he is actually excited to start 8th grade! It is a huge change and one we thought would never happen. He is already talking about running for student council, getting back in band and track next spring.
He has a pretty busy summer lined up with 4H camp, Groton Maritime Camp, and a day camp at the subbase. Plus we are planning a trip to PA to see Aunt K late July.
2. Dave had a great Father's Day yesterday! We took the kids to the aquarium and then to the mall to play inside because the weather has been so yucky. I surprised him with a six pack of his favorite root beer, and chocolates, cards from the kids and the trio all had on t-shirts that say Dad's Little Firecracker! His main gift is a new jacket for riding his motorcycle.
I love how we pimped their new ride! My back loves NOT carrying that backpack and the umbrellas kept sun and rain off them!
3. I am recovering nicely from my knee surgery. I got the stitches out on Wed. and started physical therapy on Friday! I am still quite sore by the end of the day, but am feeling a little better each day! I have pt appointments all month and then see the doc beginning of Aug to follow up if any problems are still around.
4. I have to show off my niece who had her dance recital last weekend. How cute is she? Kayla is 3 1/2 and growing up way too quick! I wish we could have seen her recital, but we will get to spend some quality time when we go see her next month!
5. The boys qualified out of PT!! Their therapist sees no need right now for them to have specified PT services! They will continue with OT and speech services for now, but it is nice to know they have finally "caught up" in at least one area!
6. While Dave was on leave and cousin Michele was here, they took the trio to the zoo for the morning so I could rest and recuperate from my surgery. They had a blast seeing all the animals and Dave let them run around and play a little bit.
OK, it is now after midnight and I better get to bed. Hope you enjoyed catching up with all the latest Dudley news. Good Night!








1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear your recovering well from your surgery. I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! :)
Post a Comment