Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

1st post of 2009!

Wow, finally getting back to "normal" after the holidays. We had a great time, but we were busy, busy, busy! Today is the start of a regular work week for Dave after holiday stand down and even though we had fezzing rain come thru last night, after a 2 hour delay Lucas is back in school! Of course this also means that I am on my own again during the day with the trio. It was lots of fun having the guys around to help out - they did lots and helped keep everyone fed, washed, dressed, and otherwise content! I missed them today!

The crew is fighting a little bug. It started with Jess but now the boys have runny noses and sound a little congested. It is impacting their eating and drinking a little, but no fevers and they seem to be battling and winning! They are a little more snuggly -(not a problem - I love snuggletime!) and a little more cranky, but I think we are on the downhill part and it won't last long. We have been extremely lucky in that they really have not gotten sick over the last 14 months, so I guess we were overdue! LOL

We had a 1st today - Our 1st official biting! Logan was riding along on his little toy, when Will went over to play. Next thing I know Logan is getting mad about Will's hand on the steering wheel, he leans down, and BAM - Will is screaming as his finger is in Logan's mouth! I immediately told Logan "no biting" in a stern voice - startled him and then he was screaming too! Fun times! I checked Will's finger out and saw the teeth marks - that really had to hurt- those little teeth are sharp!
I hope this is not an new phase but if it is it better be over very quickly here at the Dudley house!

OK, I hear someone getting up from nap. I'll close with this extra cute pic of Dave and the crew. They have LOVED having him home all day!

2 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

it is taking me forever to get back to normal, i am behind on everything! i love the pic, just adorable!

Maggie said...

I'm still trying to get back in routine too. As you can tell my blog and my feedback towards everyone has really slacked off.
We've been dealing with the biting too. GL!