Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Updates

Is it just me or do the weekends go by too quickly? Our weekend was lots of fun.

Friday night my friend Jo brought her husband and 6 year old triplet girls to have dinner with us. Jess kept staring at the "big girls" and tried to get them to play with her! The boys were also very interested in the older triplets. The girls and their dad helped make pizzas while Jo and I played with the trio. We put them to bed around 7:30 and then everyone had a chance to eat and play. The girls loved Aurora and Shasta and Lucas was a big hit too! LOL I am going to miss hanging out with Jo for our monthly triplet mom night out when they go home to Georgia next month.

Saturday was a small harvest festival in the am, then watching football and relaxing for the rest of the day. The trio took a very good afternoon nap. Michigan lost big and Penn State won big. I can't wait to watch the Rose bowl! Aunt Jen came over and we chatted for a bit while she played with the babies. It was nice to have her over and the kids loved it!

Yesterday was another quiet day. It was very cold outside, but after the pm nap we went to a very small snowflake festival parade. We had everyone in winter jackets and wrapped in polar fleece blankets so that they were warm. Afterwards was dinner and baths and they were all asleep by 7:15.

Today was interesting. The kids were up at normal time, but Will is cutting 2 molars and is extra whiny and clingy. This by itself is nothing I can't handle, but Logan and Jess seemed to feed off him and were also extra clingy. I wish I could hold 3 babies and get housework done! Actually, I just wish I could hold 3 babies and make them fell better all at once! LOL Anyway, I was able to get though most of the morning with minimal crying and fussing. I started to feed them lunch at 11:30 and
Logan fell asleep while finishing his lunch! It was too funny. I have the video and I'll try to get it up here later. It won't work right now :(

While they were all taking their pm nap - Dave picked up Lucas from school and I took him to the doctor. We have been struggling with several issues for a long, long time and it was finally determined that Lucas has ADD. All the information is a bit overwhelming, but I hope that we can help Lucas now that we have a reason behind some of his behaviors. He will be starting medication tomorrow and I am more than a little nervous, but really want to do what is best for him.

While we were at the doctors I had to have another steroid shot in my left wrist near my thumb where the tendons are hurt. The lst time it helped for 6 months - I hope it works longer this time!

OK, it was a busy couple days and this brings everyone up to speed for now! Tomorrow is the trio's 13 month update so stay tuned! Have a great night!

1 comment:

Blessed Mom said...

We had a blast too. Kids are still taking about your puppies. Lucas was such a doll to play with our girls.

We'll be sending prayers that that all goes will with Lucus and his new routine.