It has been a very interesting past few days with the trio. After the doctor gave us the go ahead to switch to milk on Wed, I put away the bottles and brought out more sippie cups! I decided to make a fresh start on Thursday so their last bottle was Wed. night. Thursday morning was a nightmare- Jess screamed and screamed and the boys hardly drank anything. However, after those initial minutes, Jess calmed down and settled for the sippie and the boys at least drank a few ounces. We almost caved in, but I am glad to say that *knock on wood* things have been going better than I expected. Dave gives them a sippie of milk before breakfast around 7 and I let them finish it with breakfast around 8. They usually drink about 6-8 ounces in the morning. I give them another sippie of milk with lunch and dinner. They only drink a couple ounces at those times. They only need about 16 ounces of dairy a day, a big drop from the 20-24 ounces of formula. I am also making sure to have yogurt and/or cheese with meals to help supplement their milk drinking to get the 16 ounces in them. Like I said it seems to be working and we are teaching a new sign - milk! I can't wait for them to start using additional signs. I know they understand a few, but have only really seen them use "more".
We are still toying with the nap schedule. I tried to drop the am 9-10 nap about two weeks ago and failed miserably. I posted about it so if you missed it search back a few weeks the post has a few cute pics. I think that I may give them a week or so of the 30-45 min am nap and then try again to drop it. It is such a pain to put them down for such a short am nap and without it they hopefully will not take 30 minutes to fall asleep at the pm nap time like they do now. UGH! Just when I think I have a handle on things- surprise! They go and switch something on me!
Since we have dropped bottles our evening routine is changing too. We now do baths every third night, pj's and brush teeth, story time and bed by a little after 7. Again they seem to not really miss that last bottle. I think that once the am nap is dropped the timing on this will change to be a little earlier, but who knows?
Quilts for college
3 weeks ago








1 comment:
Oh my! You guys have a lot going on, but it sounds like things are going really well. I missed the Halloween post and just saw it today - too stinkin cute!
Patty
Post a Comment