I am truly amazed at how very blessed I am! I have four great kids and it was today 14 years ago that I married my soul mate. I was looking through the wedding album today and remembering life back then. The above photo is my absolute favorite. We both look so young and ready to take on the world together as a couple. If we only knew what the future would hold! LOL
Dave and I have been together for 15 years. We got married a year after we met after I graduated college. Dave was already in the Navy Submarine service and I was quickly thrown into the role of a submariner's wife. We have spent more time apart than either of us would like. It probably equals close to 4 or 5 years when you put all the months together over the last 14 years. We have moved many times, made and lost friendships, dealt with infertility and been through some rough times, yet we are stronger today because of everything. The Navy life is not for everyone, as the high divorce rate can attest. The divorce rate for parents of multiples is even higher, but I am very proud and happy to say that we are doing very well! Yes, our couple time has been greatly diminished and "date nights" are few and far between, but I would not change this life for anything!
Dave, Happy 14 hon and I can't wait to celebrate! Love you - Kris








4 comments:
aw! happy anniversary! today was our anniversary too! but only 3 years. :D
I wish you and your honey a happy anniversary! You know I could want your kiddos so you and your hubby could get out. It would be a joy to help you out. Seriously. :)
jo
lol okay want should have read watch.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What a blessed 14 years! Here's to many, many more!
Post a Comment