Doesn't Logan look comfy? He fell asleep on the floor yesterday morning and Dave tried to get him up, but he continued to nap for about 1/2 hour! Totally unlike him and I hope he is not fighting off another sickness! Because poor Will is fighting! He spiked a fever of 103 on Saturday night and spent all day yesterday with a fever. It reached 102, and he was very pale and not eating much. Tylenol and Motrin worked for a little bit, but before it was time for another dose his fever would be back up. I am hopefully getting him into the doc later today and will of course update the blog. He was very upset about missing school with Logan and Jess today!
It has been another busy week here at the Dudley house! The nurse came by on Tuesday and the latest weights are: Will 23.13 lbs, Logan 26.7 lbs and Jess 22.1lbs! Finally, they are all gaining weight! I hope Will doesn't lose much being sick.
Not sure how much I have explained this on the blog, but the boys have a moderate expressive speech delay. They are receiving speech therapy once a week while at school and it has done wonders for both Logan and Will. While Jess is starting to talk in full understandable sentences, the boys only have about 20 words, with some 2-3 word phrases! They also use several signs. It is a huge difference! I was told that I should get their hearing checked. I put it off for a while, but after I noticed Will only repeating the end of words back to me I scheduled the boys tests for last Thursday. Will did fairly well. He did have some fluid in his ears, but nothing to worry about. (I hope they are not infected and causing his fever!) He tested down to 15 decibels and with regular speech in the 10-20 decibel range, he passed! Logan on the other hand did not do well at all. He has lots of fluid in his middle ears and could only test down to 45 decibels which is a mild to moderate hearing loss! I feel awful for not getting it tested sooner! The good news is that it is totally treatable! He goes to the doc on Thursday for an antibiotic to help clear the fluid and then both boys have a hearing recheck on March 11Th. If Logan does not show great improvement both with the amount of fluid and decibel level at the test, he will be referred to a specialist and will probably have tubes put in his ears. I am just so mad at myself for not noticing anything and getting it tested sooner!
Other than the hearing tests, we also had a play date with another set of triplets who turned 2 yesterday! It was lots of fun seeing the kids interact with one another. My friend Jen has 2 girls and a boy so it is even boys against girls! It is great to have another set of triplets so close in age that live nearby for play dates!








1 comment:
Oh Kris, don't beat yourself up about the hearing tests. You do sooo much for the kids already! They have caught the hearing problems and will be treating them so it is working itself out.
Hope everyone starts feeling 100% soon!
Post a Comment