Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Update

It has been another busy week here. I don't know where the time goes, but boy is it flying by! I have changed the triplet's profile pics on the side bar - aren't they cute!

Anyway, Lucas has finished all his day camps for the summer and has two weeks left until he starts school on Sept 1st. I am so not ready to have an 8th grader! Way back in May we promised him a reward for a great report card. He did his best and earned the best report card we have seen in a long time. True to our word, he is getting a reward - a new pet! Any guesses? I won't keep you in suspense - it's a ---

I can't believe that I am allowing a reptile in the house! Lucas and Dave have done lots of research and bearded dragons are great for beginners. We got the cage all set up this past weekend and he will be going next weekend to pick one out. To say he is excited is the understatement of the year. He can barely wait! Lucas will be going camping with Dave this upcoming Fri/Sat, so he will have to wait until Saturday night!


Dave drove down to PA on Friday to get the rest of my stuff from my mom's house. While he was gone, I let Will pick out dinner for Fri night -

They loved the chinese food we ordered! Logan had a hard time with the long lo mein noodles, but otherwise they all ate great.

We are entering brand new territory - Potty Training! I am just starting to introduce the potty to the kids. I usually put everyone on right before bath. The boys sit, but don't really seem all that interested. Jess, on the other hand --

She loves to sit on the potty! She was in the bath and she started to squat so Dave quickly moved her to the potty. No one has actually done anything into the potty yet, so I plan to read up on training and want to start with Jess first in the next couple months, probably near their birthday. Anyone have any good recommendations on training books?

What else? Oh, we recently got back to going to church services now that the triplets are old enough to go to the nursery and play while Dave, Lucas and I attend classes. There was lots of crying the first week, but the boys did much better this week. I hope next week Jess does better, but I also know this is a huge adjustment and it may take a few weeks to get them all used to the new routine.

We are taking the triplets to see the Imagination Movers in Nov.! For those who do not have young toddlers, the Imagination Movers have a show on Playhouse Disney. The triplets are totally obsessed with them! We even have a DVD to watch in the car! I found out about the live concert coming to New Haven and we bought tickets this past Saturday. I am very excited and can't wait to take them!

OK, that about sums up what is new and exciting here at the Dudley house for now. Jess has her appointment with the specialist on Thursday so I will post what we find out!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Love the pic of Will reading the menu up-side down. You should have that Chinese restaurant use it in ads...for some free food in return, of course. :)