Another week has come and gone. We drove down to Yale in New Haven for Jessica to see a pediatric GI specialist. It was a big disappointment. The doctor went through her chart with me and asked lots of questions. His decision - Jessica is just not getting enough calories! We all know that the triplets are very, very active, but I feed everyone the same diet and Logan and Will seem to be gaining weight. What gives! He told me basically to go see a nutritionist, add 3 cans of Boost instead of whole milk to Jess' diet and see him again in 4-6 weeks! I was very frustrated at how rude he was and how he tried to make me feel stupid. Obviously Jess' pediatrician was concerned so that is why we had the appointment! I told him all the different things we have tried, but he was not impressed since the ideas did not come from a nutritionist! I have a visiting nurse here every week to weigh them and I have been pretty good at trying all her ideas with no luck. So I will add the boost, see a nutritionist at the base and see what happens next month when we go back for our follow-up appointment.
Lucas and Dave went camping with the boy scouts on Friday night into Saturday afternoon. The Boyers came over to keep me company Fri night and they even brought dinner! I was as always very thankful for the help!
The boys had a blast even though it was one of the hottest weekends of the year. A few boys had to go home early sick due to dehydration. Lucas worked on many different skills, but his favorite - getting the fire built and burning!
Saturday night after dinner, we took Lucas to get his dragon. He was so excited! So please meet the newest addition to the Dudley house - Commando the bearded dragon! Lucas is head over heels excited to have him!
This weekend was extra hard for me. The guys were gone camping and it was 1 month since my mom died. I think I am handling it, but at certain times I just want to cry. For example, Jess is starting to talk on the phone to Aunt Jen and Aunt K - how my mom would have loved to hear her! Karen and I are stilling trying to get the estate in order and it is very complicated and frustrating dealing with all the paperwork and legal issues. We did get the life insurance stuff taken care of (thanks Dad and Uncle Dave!), went through her house, decided what to do with her car, but still have the IRA and selling the house! Luckily for us, our Aunt EJ and Uncle Dave are helping us out with so much of it! I would be lost without them! Along with all that emotion, a fellow triplet mom whose blog I had been following lost one of her precious babies this weekend. Her triplets were born at 25 weeks 5 days and all three had been doing well in the NICU. I am heartbroken for her and her family and just can't imagine the pain they are dealing with. It made me remember all the stress and worry when I was pregnant with our trio. You can bet Will, Logan and Jess got lots of extra hugs, kisses and snuggles this weekend!
Enough of the tough stuff - Tomorrow the crew turn 22 months old! I can't believe that they will be 2 in two months! I plan to do an update post with all their new skills and things so I will leave you with this - I don't think Logan likes Oreos. What do you think?








No comments:
Post a Comment