Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lucas


I have noticed that most of the day to day blogging I do seems centered around the triplets. Since I am home with them everyday and they are changing so much this makes sense, but I have been neglectful in my blogging about Lucas lately. This is after all our family blog, and Lucas is a great big brother!

He received the above award today at school for good citizenship, respect, and service to others. Dave and I are really proud of him! He has only been at this school for a few months and he has really tried hard. For those who don't know, Lucas has ADD and started medication several months ago. Homework and grades have always been a big issue and even bigger fights! I am very excited to see the change in him and his attitude since his diagnosis. His last report card was 3 A's and 3 B's. Believe me, that is a remarkable difference to his last report card before he started medication. We also just got his next progress report with a lot of the same grades. He has a slight problem with one class, but promises me he will bring up the grade before report cards come out.

Lucas' newest adventure - track and field for the middle school team! He has practice 3X a week and a meet usually once a week. He is participating in three events - shot put, discus, and javelin. He has been practicing hard and trying his best. Dave and I have taken his brothers and sister to watch him at a few meets already. He really seems to enjoy this and I hope he continues with it next year.

When I look at Lucas, I am staring to see the budding teenager. Not sure if I am ready for that yet! LOL

It has been a busy week here, but I felt the need to post just how proud I am of him! We love you Lucas!

1 comment:

Shell said...

Yay!!! Way to go Lucas! :)