I realized the other day that I never posted about the March for Babies. First a big thanks to all who supported us and to the Boyers for walking with us! The weather was great and the kids really enjoyed their wagon ride. Logan even fell asleep towards the end. It was a 3 mile walk and by the end I was hot and tired and hurting, but it felt good to get out for a cause so close to my heart. We brought the camera, but were so into the walk we forgot to take pics. I have one from the start and Logan sleeping at the end. The ride was pretty bumpy in spots but somehow he got rolled to sleep! LOL
The kids therapist came on Tuesday with a speech therapist to evaluate the need for additional help. The boys definitely qualified and Jess will get some extra help just by being with her brothers. I feel a little upset with myself that I am somehow failing them, but things are just so different with 3! I am very grateful that this program exists and that the kids will get the help they need.
Yesterday had the OT here for the boys and they did great! She was very happy with their progress. They all waited patiently for their turn to play. I was pretty amazed myself. I also finally had my appointment and will be having surgery in a few weeks for a torn meniscus in my right knee. It has become very painful and I am anxious to get it fixed. The office is behind on procedures and that is the reason behind the delay. I will be laid up for about 2 weeks. Dave will take some leave, and my mom might come up, but otherwise I have not started planning just how we are going to handle me and surgery and the kids. Hopefully in a week or two I will have a surgery date and can plan in earnest.
In totally unrelated pics, I wanted to share the newest pics we have of our huskies Aurora and Shasta. They are turning 9 and I definitely see a slow down. They love to hang out once the kids are sleeping and this is what you see if you come over. Aurora sleeping on the ottoman and Shasta on the floor by me or on me. The kids love to play with them and I know the huskies enjoy all the attention and food the kids drop! I hope to have many more years with them, but also know that time is not on my side in this.
I am in the process of starting use a discipline system for the trio and want to make a "time-out"spot. Do you think this qualifies?
LOL, I am not sure what is so fascinating about the dog crates, but if you leave them open, then they climb right in! However, I think that I found a better spot for time out, so no crates for the kids!
I took out the old bumbo seat for when baby Mackenzie comes to visit and look who loves to sit and read!
Lastly, I will close with this extra cute pic of Logan taken awhile back. He was watching tv one minute and like this the next - PRICELESS!








No comments:
Post a Comment