That picture is 12.5 pounds of strawberries! The crew had a blast picking them at Grant's Berry Patch in Lisbon. It takes about 30 minutes to ride up there and it took the crew about 30 minutes to pick all the berries.
I decided that besides making great strawberry shortcake, we were going to try our hand at making jam! I found a very simple recipe - basically just strawberries, pectin and sugar, so I thought why not. The kids had a great time helping me through the process. Here is Will taking his turn mashing up the berries for cooking.
The berries getting cooked with the added pectin and sugar -
The final product!! It is super yummy and I even did the reduced sugar recipe! I almost don't want to use store bought again! LOL
P.S. We ate thru these 2 jars in about 2 weeks and I have since made about 6 more jars!








No comments:
Post a Comment