First things first, Lucas has a new smile! He got the top row of his braces on last week! His orthodontic treatment time will be about 2 1/2 years and involve a surgery, but I know he will have a great smile in time for his senior year of high school! He is adjusting well and was only sore for a few days. The little kids did not know what to think when they saw him for the first time. LOL
Last weekend, we took the kids to Olde Mystic Village for a chowder cook off. We, and by we I mean Dave, Lucas and I, tried 5 different chowders as we walked thru the shops. The little kids were content with juice and a soft pretzel, although Jess did try a spoonful or two of chowder! It was a brisk day, but the kids loved walking around, seeing the ducks and just being outside felt good! A quick pic while we waited for Dad and Lucas to get some chowder -
see - they were way to excited to be outside to even look my way! LOL
I am trying again this year to do a 365 blog with a pic a day, some days I remember at 11pm, but hey at least I remember right? Anyway after dinner one night I realized that I had not taken a photo and when I asked them to pose this is what I got -
crazy kids! Love 'em!
This crazy mom let the kids use the couch cushions to bounce on! When they got tired of bouncing they did not want to put them back and watched the last show before bed just like this -
Towards the end of last summer we heard about these floatation devices called puddle jumpers. We even tried one a my friend's pool, but the kids were a little unsure - NOT this year! I found them at Target for $18 a peice and snatched them right up. I know it is early to be thinking summer, but we have been swimming at the Y and thought they would be great! and save Mom and Dad's arms in the process! The kids were wearing them all around the house for the first few days! see-
When we finally got them to the pool, Jess did awesome! She loved being able to swim all by herself! She also spent about half an hour just climbing out and jumping right back in! She would go under, pop right up and just laugh with a huge smile on her face - definitely my water baby! The boys did well, I think another time or two will have them enjoying the freedom too!
The little kids started a gymnastics class on Thursdays at the Y and they loved it! Let's hope swim lessons (1st time without Mom and Dad for the boys!) go just as well on Tuesdays!!
Lastly, in other big news - we got into the preschool I wanted for the fall!!!!!! They will actually be starting in July with their summer program and going Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 -1 for six weeks! Then once the fall semester starts they will be going MWF 9-1130! It is pretty costly, but I know that it will do both them and I a world of good! They are already talking about going back to school! Can you tell I am just a wee bit excited? WOO HOO!!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment