Intro.


Kris and Dave met 19 years ago while Kris was in college and Dave was on his first of several enlistments in the Navy. We have 4 beautiful kids. Lucas is 16 and he is the best big brother ever! He loves his brothers and sister. He has been waiting a very long time to be the "big brother".

William, Logan and Jessica were born Oct.25 2007 at 33 weeks and 5 days! They only spent 10 days in the NICU and came home on their big brother's birthday- Nov. 5 !! This blog will be about the ins and outs of our crazy life.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

I missed another week so lots to blog about!

The above wall quote describes perfectly how I feel on any given day lately!  A fellow triplet mom, Sarah Freznick,  runs  http://www.vinyl.frizzymotorsports.com/  They have lots of great vinyl quotes and other vinyl products!  Go check them out and help out a fellow triplet mom! 
    The last two weeks have been extra frustrating.  When we moved the boys to big boy beds, naps were AWFUL!! They would play and run around for over an hour.  Bedtime was no issue since they were so tired from lack of nap, but oh my God, the whining, crying, and overall crabbiness was hard to handle all by myself while Dave was at work.  It made for one crabby momma let me tell you!  LOL  Towards the end of the week I had an epiphany - put them down a little later and see what happens.  I put them to bed at 2 and got a 2 hour nap out of them with almost no fuss! Woo Hoo!   I was very excited, but would it last?  The answer is YES!  Everyday since I have put them down around 1:45 and by 2 all three are sleeping!!!! I got back my 2 hour "break" and it is awesome!
     Lucas went to the orthodontist last week and we finally have a game plan to fix his teeth.  He is getting braces put on his top teeth this Wednesday!  The orthodontist went over everything and explained the game plan  - top braces now, a surgery several months down the road along with bottom braces.  All in all it should take about 28 months.  He should have them off midway thru his senior year!  The price tag is definitely not pretty, but I know they are worth it!  Luckily for us they have a payment plan!  He better take excellant care of his teeth!  :)
     We recently joined the local Y here in Mystic.  I have started zumba classes with some friends and the little kids have also starting taking classes.  The best part is chilcare is included in our monthly membership fee!  I was looking at going back to a gym, but paying a membership and then paying childcare was going to be expensive.  This way the whole family can come and enjoy.  They have lots of free classes like the zumba one and lots of other classes that you need to pay for.  They have a great indoor pool with lots of family swim hours on the schedule.  We took the kids last week and everyone had a blast! We are even luckier that we quailfy for some financial aid thru the Y as well so we are not paying full price for all of the kids to participate!  The trio is  starting gymnastics class and a gross motor skills class next week!  I signed the kids up halfway thru a class this term and met an amazing twin mom ( Hi Lisa!) whose girls are only 2 weeks younger than the trio!  We hit it off almost immediately!   I had never met a fellow blogger in real life, but hers is great!  Go check out http://www.mommyingonthefly.blogspot.com/ and read all about her, her husband and their twin girls! Really, she puts this little blog of mine to shame, but go read it anyway!!!  :) 

2 comments:

Momma said...

I love your wall quote - I pray for patience every single day (NOT joking there!).

We also joined our YMCA and the child care is GREAT. It really helps me to survive the day!

I'm dreading our move to big girl beds, but feeling better after reading your post ... it seems to have gone relatively well for you? Our girls turn 3 in a month and just might start pre-K in CRIBS! Ha Ha!

Kris said...

*knock on wood* it has gone better than I thought it would! Good luck with your girls!