I don't know why I have been having such a hard time keeping this blog updated lately! I guess all my facebook time, keeping the 365 blog updated, and taking care of three 2 1/2 year olds is catching up with me!
Last week was really not much to post about anyway. Dave started his terminal leave from the Navy and was busy job hunting and getting ready for his retirement ceremony while helping me with the trio. We were busy, but nothing really blog worthy. That is until Friday.
My poor princess is having more gastro-intestinal issues. We have been battling her chronic constipation since she started eating real food! She is on miralax and also a high fiber pediasure. It has been difficult to get the right amount of fiber and medicine into her. It seems she is either constipated or has diarrhea. Both of which are extra hard to deal with now that she is potty trained! Anyway, on Friday while she was straining to poop, she pushed out what I thought was an inch of her intestine! I was able to get it back in, but immediately called her pediatrician for advice! We were told to up the miralax and fiber to get things moving and to go to the ER if it happened again and would not go back in! They made us an 8 am Monday morning appointment. I was a nervous wreck all weekend, but we got things under control and saw the doc first thing Monday. She referred us back to the pediatric GI specialist at Yale. She also gave me more things to be on the look out for and when to head to the ER. Luckily, through all this Jess has never been in any pain except one time she told Dave it hurt to poop. Please pray that this is not a major setback!
The weekend weather was beautiful and we spent lots of time outside! Saturday we decided to tackle our gargage. Have you seen the show "Hoarders"? Our garage should be on there! LOL! When we moved into the house, everything from the basement plus some extra got jammed into the garage. We know we will be moving here very soon and I did not want to move with all that crap! My neighbor found out she is having twins and needed some baby gear. Another neighbor just a few houses down is also having a baby and needed gear. We took the stuff out on the driveway to go thru it and sold $160 worth of baby gear! and made a major dent in the garage in the process! Woo Hoo!!
Sunday we had a photographer friend, Becky Anderson, take pics of the trio at Avery Point. We have never had outdoor shots taken and I wanted new shots since they have changed so much since their 2 year photos! The weather cooperated and so did the kids for the most part! Becky did an amazing job! She has a sneak peek on her photography blog at www.beckyandersonphotography.com Please go and check them out! I can tell that I am going to have a hard time choosing which ones I want, because so far I want them all!!!
OK, that gets us back to this week. The kids had school on Monday, lots of errands Tuesday and then therapy sessions today for speech and occcupation. Dave had his rehearsal for Friday and a softball game tonight. Tomorrow is more of the same and my sister and neice get into town!!! They are staying all weekend and I am very excited to relax and hangout with them!
I will post pics this weekend of the ceremony so stay tuned!
Quilts for college
3 weeks ago








No comments:
Post a Comment