
It's an issue that is more important, yet sometimes a lot more difficult to manage for multiple families than most: schedules. We all know that keeping multiples on the same schedule is a no-brainer, but how closely we stick to a schedule varies widely between families. This is an issue that tends to fuel a lot of debates within families, and we want to hear your opinions!
This week's Question of The Week is:
How closely do you follow a schedule for your kids?
I will admit that I follow our schedule very closely! The triplets have been on a schedule since day 1 in the NICU.
How old are your kids now?
The kids are now 2 years and 3 months old!
Have you always followed a rigid schedule?
YES!!! It was the only way we survived those early, sleep deprived days! We had them on a 4 hour feeding schedule from the NICU and the first 3 months of their lives. Then after reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child we had a baby boot camp one weekend and got them all on set nap times at 5 months old.
Do you think that your schedule is conducive to healthy sleep patterns in your kids?
I definitely think that our schedule is helping the kids get into great sleep patterns. Jessica started sleeping 12 hours at only 3 months, but the boys took a little longer. However, everyone has been sleeping 11/12 hour nights since 4 months and since about 13 months old I get a great 2 - 3 hour nap in the afternoon too!
Do people give you a lot of flack for being a strict scheduler? How do you respond?
No one has every said anything to me, but I am sure that people wonder why I am so crazy about their schedule! I just don't want to deal with 3 whiny, over tired toddlers!
Has your routine become more relaxed as your kids have gotten older?
No, not really. Basically as the kids have gotten older, we have reworked the schedule to keep up with their sleep needs. For example at 12 months we changed from 2 short naps a day to 1 long one. Recently, we upped their bedtime from 7:15 to 7:45/8:00 and now they sleep til at least 7am! I will be getting more relaxed with the schedule as they get older, but for now I like it and more importantly - They like it!
How do you kids react when they are completely off their schedules- and how do you get them back on track?
They really are great at staying on schedule, but those few days when nap is too short or night did not go well, make for a looonnnggg day! They get extra whiny, fight a lot with each other and are basically miserable!
The only way to get them back on track is to start fresh the next day!








1 comment:
I love running into so many people who are so strict like me. My friends with singletons just don't get it! ;)
Great blog!
Post a Comment