The crew had their 2 year well baby visit on Tuesday Oct. 27Th. Everyone did great! They were well behaved and let the doctor examine them with no fuss. They did not need any shots, but had to have blood work done. That was the most traumatic part of the day! Logan did the best and only need one try. Will fought us and had to have both arms pricked. Jess also had to be pricked twice, but they were unable to get her blood! Her veins are tiny! I am taking her later today to the hospital so that someone from the NICU can do her blood draw!
Here are the latest stats:
Will- weight 22.4 pounds(2%),height 33.8 inches(43%),and head circ. 19.6 inches(80%)
Logan-weight 24.4 pounds(10%),height 35.6 inches(78%),and head circ.19.5 inches(75%)
Jess- weight 20.2 pounds(1%), height 33.6 inches(35%),and head circ.19.1 inches(75%)
Pics of the crew after the visit- they look like members of a gang with those medical bandages on their arms! and yes that is pizza they have all over! LOL!
On Thursday night we had a bit of a scare. Logan was starting to sound very hoarse before bed and woke up coughing and wheezing very badly around 11pm. He also had a fever of 102. We brought him in bed with us, but Dave ended up taking him out on the couch around 3am to sleep more upright since laying down was causing Logan lots of trouble. During all this Jess woke up and ended up with me in our bed. It was a rough night and neither Dave nor I got much sleep. I called Friday morning to get an appointment since Logan was still wheezing and feverish, but they had no spaces open. We ended up having Dave come home early (around 1130) and I took Logan to the local hospital clinic while he fed Will and Jess and got them down for nap.
Logan and I were at the clinic for 4 hours! Luckily since it was nap time he slept in my arms for the majority of the time!
The diagnosis was croup/upper respiratory infection. The RSV test was negative. My poor guy had a chest x-ray, rsv swap, two shots of steroids, and vitals taken twice!
We almost had to stay because his O2 level dropped, but it came back up quickly. It was a rough weekend, but Logan seems to be a little better every day. He had no fevers at all yesterday! He still has a hoarse voice and runny nose, but that should be back to normal in the next few days. Even better- Will and Jess seem to have not gotten it! *knock on wood*
Lucas has his party on Fri night. He had a blast! Not many of his school friends came, but the people who did all had fun. I was sorry to miss it, but I kept everyone home since Logan was so sick. His favorite present - a pair of African dwarf frogs from Aunt Jen and Uncle Larry! I will post a few pics later this week from the evening. Dave called in reinforcements for me and his friend Paige came over to help me. (Thanks again Paige!)
Here is Jess wearing one of Lucas' new bandannas!








1 comment:
Hope he is feeling better.
I like the pictures, specially the last one, she is so cute.
Have a nice week.
Post a Comment