Wow, it was another busy extra long weekend. Dave and Lucas each had a 4 day weekend thanks to the holiday! I love it when we can spend time together as a family and the extra help thru the day is an added bonus! LOL
Thanksgiving was lots of fun. We watched the parade, went on a quick shopping trip, spend the afternoon watching football and enjoying our family time. Dave fried our turkey while I worked on the side dishes. I think everything turned out great and the triplets enjoyed all the "real food"! Last year at this time, we were really in our newborn fog and it was great to have friends and family here to help celebrate with us and enjoy a great dinner and help feed babies of course! This year was just us, but it was still a special fun day.
Friday, we did venture out for a little shopping. We went late morning as I was looking for xmas outfits for the boys to match Jess' dress that my mom had already gotten. I was able to find them at Babies R Us and they were on sale! WOOHOO!! I also got Lucas a great sweater to coordinate with the trio. We did not stay out long, we tried to avoid the huge crowds, and got home for an awful afternoon nap. They went down for bed earlier than usual so I guess that broke us even.
Saturday we went to Charleen's studio for a pic with Santa. We had all 4 kids set for the pic. Can you guess who did the best? Who do you think cried? Everyone? No one? Who was least thrilled to be there? I would love to hear your guesses!
I will have the pic in about two weeks to post - so start the guessing.
The weather was cold, but not too bad Saturday afternoon so Dave decided to get to work with the outdoor xmas decorating. Our neighbor was also out and between them I think that they did a great job! Dave is not totally done, but the icicles lights are hanging and the snowman is out with the deer. He hopes to finish nest weekend and that is when we plan to put up the tree. Wish us luck! I already have the gate ready to keep the trio away from the tree. Once everything is decorated, I will take photos and post them.
Yesterday was a pretty laid back day. The weather was awful- rainy and icy and slick out so we did not venture out except for a quick trip to the grocery store- the trio are going thru gallons of milk like no body's business! LOL I buy 2 gallons every 4 days or so. Since we were home most of the day we got them back on their regular schedule and they all took a great afternoon nap - Thank God!
OK, this post turned out to be pretty long. I will finish the 13 month update later today when they take their pm nap- promise!
Quilts for college
3 weeks ago








2 comments:
Hmmmm...guesses on the Christmas Photos. I am going to say that Lucas cried...kidding. I hope they all did great. I can't wait to see them. I know they came out adorable no matter what. :)
can't wait to see the xmas pictures! i am going to guess that everyone did fantastic! wishful thinking, i suppose :)
Post a Comment