OK, I know that Christmas was last week, but with the kids getting sick and us geting back from PA - I have been a little busier than usual! LOL
We had a great time seeing the extended family over the holidays! The kids handled all the new people, extra noise, new foods and schedule changes like champs! Their travel peapods worked awesome! Jess would get so excited at bed time saying "sleeping bag, sleeping bag!" But before I get into that -
A few days before we left for PA, a friend brought over the trampoline for the kids. They love it and bounce alot of energy away! Dave, myself and the little guys attened the playgroup christmas party the weekend before christmas. The kids ran around, enjoyed the time with their friends and saw Santa! He even handed out presents! Will wanted nothing to do with him, but Logan and Jess waited for their turn and enjoyed unwrapping their gifts.
Jessica was exhausted after the party!
We were also very fortunate to have visits from both the Roach's and Cornoyers before we left. The kids enjoyed the company and opening more gifts! While they may not be family by blood, they always treat us like we are! Love you guys!
We headed down to PA on the 23rd at nap time in our fully loaded van. The kids slept most of the way and we were at my Aunt and Uncle's in little over 3 hours.
We had dinner out with my dad at a pizza place I used to work at while in high school! The owner was excited to see me and my crew! The kids behaved for the most part, but Logan had a meltdown towards the end. I think he was just tired of sitting!
My sister and I made a trip to the cemetary on Christmas eve. We had a little trouble finding the right spot (the snow did not help!), but we finally found my mom's marker. It is beautiful! I wish I took a pic, but that will have to happen next time. We also uncovered my grandma and grandpa's markers right next to mom. We stayed for a while and let ourselves grieve.
Then it was back to start enjoying the festivities!
Christmas eve is always at my Grandma Guerrise's. She is 98 and full of spunk! She insists that dinner be at her house and only in the last few years have her and my great aunt accepted help with all the crazy cooking that is involved! They usually start prepping the week before!
There were more than 25 people for dinner and even more relatives came after dinner! It is always lots of fun with all the family and great food! Here are just a few pics from the event.
Christmas morning the kids were very excited to see all the gifts under the tree! We opened gifts from Santa and played with a few new toys until Aunt K and Kayla came by and they got even more! It was awesome to see them so excited! Makes me excited for next year when I think they will actually understand a little more about "Ho Ho" as Jess calls him!
While the kids had naps, we ate dinner! It was nice to sit down and eat a meal without worrying about the kids. Turns out Logan and Jess were getting sick, so they napped pretty good. After nap was a trip to my other Aunt and Uncle's and even more presents! The kids enjoyed hanging out with more relatives. We tried to get the kids to eat, but were pretty unsuccessful. I was glad that I brought a case of pedisure with us! At least we were able to keep them hydrated. Jess had a rough night of sleeping, and ended up with us, but the boys slept fine in the peapods.
Here are just a few pics of our christmas day fun!
The day after christmas both Logan and Jess were sick. They were running fevers, had nasty coughs and still not eating. We quickly packed up the van, even more loaded than when we arrived, and made a hasty retreat back to CT. Thanks to Aunt Claire and Uncle Bill for all the help with the kids and for hosting us! I hope no one gets sick!
Doesn't Jess look pathetic!
Everybody seems to be on the mend for the most part. The nurse came yesterday and Logan and Jess lost quite a bit of weight. I scheduled doctor visits for all three next week to make sure nothing else is going on because Will is starting to run a fever again!
Wow! This post is very long! I wanted to catch up before the year was over. Sorry, but I hope you enjoyed all the pics!
I want to close by wishing everone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! Welcome to 2010!








No comments:
Post a Comment